Davao offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some things to do in Davao:
- Visit People’s Park: This urban park is a popular destination in Davao, featuring sculptures, gardens, fountains, and recreational areas. It’s a great place to relax, go for a walk, or have a picnic.
- Explore Mount Apo: As the highest peak in the Philippines, Mount Apo provides an excellent opportunity for hiking and mountaineering. You can join guided tours to reach the summit and experience breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Experience the Crocodile Park: The Davao Crocodile Park is a conservation center that houses various species of crocodiles and other reptiles. You can learn about these fascinating creatures, watch feeding shows, and even have a chance to hold a baby crocodile.
- Discover Philippine Eagle Center: This sanctuary located in Barangay Malagos is dedicated to the protection and breeding of the critically endangered Philippine eagle. Here, you can observe these majestic birds up close and learn about the ongoing conservation efforts. There are more than 30 Philippine Eagles are accommodated, with 18 of them being bred in captivity.
- Take a river cruise: Davao River is a scenic waterway that flows through the city. Embark on a river cruise to enjoy the peaceful ambience, spot wildlife, and take in the beautiful surroundings.
- Explore Samal Island: Samal stands out as the sole city in the Philippines that spans two complete islands, earning its moniker as the Island Garden City. Along its coastline, you’ll find unspoiled beaches, while hills dominate the central areas of the island. Situated to the southwest of the main island lies Talikud Island. Just a short ferry ride away from Davao City, you can already enjoy its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush landscapes. You can enjoy swimming, snorkelling, diving, or simply lounging on the beach.
- Visit Eden Nature Park: Nestled in the highlands of Davao City, Eden Nature Park provides a serene retreat with cool weather and panoramic views. Explore its vast gardens, go horseback riding, try the zipline, or enjoy a leisurely picnic.
- Shop at Aldevinco Shopping Center and Abreeza Mall: Known for their vibrant market atmosphere, both are great places to buy modern and traditional Filipino handicrafts, jewellery, clothing, and souvenirs. You can find unique items that reflect the local culture and craftsmanship.
- Indulge in local cuisine: Davao is renowned for its delicious food. Don’t miss trying Durian, the city’s famous fruit, as well as other local dishes like kinilaw (a type of ceviche), tuna-based delicacies, and sinuglaw (grilled pork and fish) . Sinuglaw is a dish composed of grilled pork belly and fish ceviche. It is considered as a main dish or an appetizer. The name “sinuglaw” was derived from two famous cooking methods in the Visayas and Mindanao areas: sugba, meaning to grill; and kinilaw, which means to cook by soaking in vinegar or citric acid.
- Experience Davao’s nightlife: Davao City has a lively nightlife scene with numerous bars, clubs, and restaurants offering live music, entertainment, and a chance to mingle with locals and fellow tourists. You have various options to enjoy your evenings. Take walk through night markets, pamper yourself at a tranquil spa, or relax in the vibrant atmosphere of jazz clubs and piano bars. Surely you will have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
For your air travel needs, flights to Davao, or flights to the Philippines, reach out to our Filipino travel specialist.